Dec 19, 2011

Vipassana Part 5: Noble Speech


Day 3...Already?! But I just got started. The short course was coming to an end today; it seemed even shorter now that I was at this point. But really it was just the beginning. I came into the 10 day course 2 years ago curious about meditation and my mind, I left engaged in the practice and with a desire to continue the journey. I stopped meditating after 1 week. This time it was different. I am no meditation expert (is there even such thing?) but I can certainly say that I get it now… I get it a little more. During one of the meditations today I took a few minutes to plan out my routine. So, I’ll get up at 4:30am and meditate and then workout, then eat breakfast, then go to work, then… then…  back to reality. It sounded like a great plan but the one thing I learned is that there is NO plan… there is only change. And to stay grounded through the change IS the plan.

I walked out of the hall and read the sign board for new instructions. Noble silence has ended, please practice noble speech. In my head I said “Woo hoo, we can talk!” I looked around at the people next to me and then walked away to go on a brief hike. I missed talking this time around, there were some people that I definitely connected with and wanted to get to know. But for just one more moment I wanted silence.


Read more... Vipassana Part 6: The journey continues…

mettaLOVE
ritu riyat