Dec 19, 2011

Vipassana Part 6: The journey continues...


Scroll down and start reading at Part 1. 





I left the grounds knowing I will be back again; it’s a special place and experience that one should not be without. Challenging, yes. Fun, Nah. A holiday, absolutely NOT. So why would one spend their hard earned vacation time sitting in a room full of people that you can’t talk to, eating only a couple of meals a day, and having to deal with the chaos of the mind…. Well that’s for you to find out.

For me, I know why. It’s an opportunity to step outside of the box… that place is a little scary and the ground might be uneven but once you overcome that fear its quite extraordinary. Let me put it this way,  I contemplated things that I would have never  thought twice about before like giving up WINE… wow I can’t believe I even wrote that down.  Or waking up at 4:30 am every day! I can already feel the anxiety coming on… like I said it’s a process. For now I’ll take it one day at a time… baby steps.

And as far as the silence goes, I enjoy speaking but there is value in silence. I began to appreciate and respect- the relevance of relationships (past and present, pleasant and unpleasant) the love that exists around me in all forms. Gratitude for a supportive family and some cool friends. Everyone may not all get what I did or why I did it but they certainly support it and will even read what I have to say about it ;) And in silence I met some of the most amazing people that I can call soul sistas and friends.  I can say with some certainty that these relationships will be ever changing and growing.

It takes 21 days to create a habit. So I’m going to put it to the test …

“There is great wisdom in silence….”  Anicca. Anicca. Anicca.  Change. Change. Change.

mettaLOVE
Ritu Riyat